Friday, March 10, 2006

The subject matter of this post is not related.
I think I'm coming down with a cold - my throat hurts, I have that strange "Max Headroom" headache, and I want to sleep all. the. time.
I cried in the grocery store today. It was strange. One minute I'm ordering a pork chop thing and the next minute I am in tears. The same thing happened when I ordered prosciutto. Maybe it's a meat thing?
When we returned home from the crying events, Mark patted me on the head and said he thinks that labor may be near. According to his book "The Pocket Doula", crying is a symptom. I'm not so sure - she has 5 more weeks of baking time in there, but I was impressed that he took that book seriously.
Also, it's been about three posts since I discussed poop so we're due for a story. All of you regular poopers out there have THE life! I've never been so happy to poop in my life as I have been during this pregnancy. It's alarming what a little regularity will do for someone's health! And I'm happy to report, this daily poopage has been accomplished without calling in the usual reinforcements: prune juice, hippee/senna tea (contraindicated during pregnancy, by the way), licorice concentrate (sometimes contraindicated in pregnancy depending on the stage), and stool softeners. I've been told this will all go away after delivery. Soem women have even described the first poop post-delivery as being just as painful as pusing the baby out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home