My weekend was amazing. I spent time with people that I care about and who care about me.
Last night, my friends threw a baby shower for me. Showers and things of that nature are always a little bit uncomfortable for me. I don't like being the center of attention. I want to make sure that I spend enough time engaging each person in conversation if I can as well as making sure they are having a good time.
I needn't have worried though. Everyone mingled and seemed to get along well. There was plenty of alcohol, food, and laughter -- three things that can make a party a success. I was really looking forward to a "girls night". I can't think of the last time that I was able to meet up with a bunch of my girlfriends and talk, giggle, and have a good time.
I arrived with my mother and mother-in-law. The other guests had already arrived and were in the middle of getting to know each other. When I arrived I was greeted with many a hug, smile, and belly rubs.
There were two crafts set up at the party: creating bath salts, and decorating onesies for me using fabric pens. Both crafts were a success! I received enough onesies and bath salts to last a year!
After a scrumptious dinner and dessert (dinner was thai lettuce wraps, veggies, and porkstuffed cucumber slices -- dessert was chocolate fondue with strawberries, brownies and bananas!!), it was time to open gifts. I felt a little awkward sitting there as gifts were handed to me. Camera flashes were going off and alot of "oohs" and "that's so cute!" comments were made.
What astounded me was the absolute creativity on the part of my friends and family. Many things were homemade which I will treasure forever. My mom knitted a hat, bootie, sweater set. My friend Karen from massage school crocheted a blanket and bonnet. Becky hand sewed animals out of felt on several onesies. She also sewed three darling pairs of booties. Aurelia folded origami papers into small boxes, which she used to cover a string of lights. She added a dimmer switch so I could place the string of lights around above the crib as a nightlight.
Although the gifts were lovely, the night was made special by the people who surrounded me with love and affection. It was heartwarming and reinforced that I have a wonderful group of women around me to celebrate my transition into motherhood.


Last night, my friends threw a baby shower for me. Showers and things of that nature are always a little bit uncomfortable for me. I don't like being the center of attention. I want to make sure that I spend enough time engaging each person in conversation if I can as well as making sure they are having a good time.
I needn't have worried though. Everyone mingled and seemed to get along well. There was plenty of alcohol, food, and laughter -- three things that can make a party a success. I was really looking forward to a "girls night". I can't think of the last time that I was able to meet up with a bunch of my girlfriends and talk, giggle, and have a good time.
I arrived with my mother and mother-in-law. The other guests had already arrived and were in the middle of getting to know each other. When I arrived I was greeted with many a hug, smile, and belly rubs.
There were two crafts set up at the party: creating bath salts, and decorating onesies for me using fabric pens. Both crafts were a success! I received enough onesies and bath salts to last a year!
After a scrumptious dinner and dessert (dinner was thai lettuce wraps, veggies, and porkstuffed cucumber slices -- dessert was chocolate fondue with strawberries, brownies and bananas!!), it was time to open gifts. I felt a little awkward sitting there as gifts were handed to me. Camera flashes were going off and alot of "oohs" and "that's so cute!" comments were made.
What astounded me was the absolute creativity on the part of my friends and family. Many things were homemade which I will treasure forever. My mom knitted a hat, bootie, sweater set. My friend Karen from massage school crocheted a blanket and bonnet. Becky hand sewed animals out of felt on several onesies. She also sewed three darling pairs of booties. Aurelia folded origami papers into small boxes, which she used to cover a string of lights. She added a dimmer switch so I could place the string of lights around above the crib as a nightlight.
Although the gifts were lovely, the night was made special by the people who surrounded me with love and affection. It was heartwarming and reinforced that I have a wonderful group of women around me to celebrate my transition into motherhood.



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home