Wednesday, February 15, 2006

We are perpetually throwing out paper. I'm not sure why it's so difficult for us to look through our mail daily and throw out what we don't want. Or why we can't simply take out our receipts and small pieces of paper from our wallets and toss them in recycling each day. We are a horders dream.
Anyway, I am cleaning up junk mail and the like from last week and I came across my child birth instructors tips for "A Loving Birth". I just thought I'd share them, as cheesy as they may be, I'm betting they are also helpful:
A - assurance

L - Let go (of tension and fear)
O - Output (visit restroom)
V - Vocalize (don't be afraid to moan or grunt if it helps get through the pain)
I - Imagery
N - nourishment (even it's just ice chips)
G - Get moving (contractions can be easier to deal with if I am moving around)

B - Breathing
I - Intuition
R - Reverse negativity (no, "I can't", but "I can")
T - Trust (trust in my body's ability)
H - Hands on (massage)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home