Wednesday, February 01, 2006

I'm fairly certain that I am one of the laziest people I know. It's frustrating to me, but it's true. Today I did one load of laundry, mopped the kitchen floor and then rewarded myself with a three hour nap. Where is this nesting thing I thought I was supposed to be experiencing?
All of the changes in my life have me doing alot of thinking, as usual. There is an undercurrent of dread that if I don't suddenly reform and become a clean, organized person then I will be a terrible mother. Obviously, my child won't live in filth, but she won't be brought up into a house of order and it concerns me. I'm trying to reform my habits and I've joined this program that is really helping -- sort of like an AA for messy people.

In other news, there is only 10 weeks left! eeps! 10 weeks until we become parents and our life now as we know it is totally and completely altered. We discussed this last night at dinner. Mark has had a stressful time at work and we were out at a very fancy restaurant to celebrate my birthday. He sat back and actually took a full, complete breath. I've not seen him so relaxed since our trip to Denmark. We discussed this and started a conversation about other things we'll never be able to do again or won't be able to do for a long time. I thought this might be a sad topic of conversation, but it turned out to be a great reminder of our partnership.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home