I just finished working out fairly strenuously to a pregnancy
DVD that is not for the weak. The Buns of Steel people have always been hard-core and when I want to work out at home and feel the burn, I reach for a DVD from that selection. I think it's a bit too strenuous for a pregnant person, particularly one in her 3rd trimester. The instructor offers no self-care tips or variations for each trimester.
I toned down the cardio part and skipped out on a few lunges and squats as my back tends to tense up when I lunge or squat. However, it's a good work out for getting the heart-rate elevated. Some of the glute excercises helped to loosen up my piriformis' easing my sciatic pain. I did mangage to get over the 80's theme of the work out, which is funny considering I'm a huge cynic.
The next time I do this work out, I'll do the warm up a bit slower and skip some of the glute and leg work. It might be best to combine this with the softer, gentler FitMama.
I will definitely pull this out when I need to lose my baby weight and prepare for Becky's wedding!
DVD that is not for the weak. The Buns of Steel people have always been hard-core and when I want to work out at home and feel the burn, I reach for a DVD from that selection. I think it's a bit too strenuous for a pregnant person, particularly one in her 3rd trimester. The instructor offers no self-care tips or variations for each trimester.
I toned down the cardio part and skipped out on a few lunges and squats as my back tends to tense up when I lunge or squat. However, it's a good work out for getting the heart-rate elevated. Some of the glute excercises helped to loosen up my piriformis' easing my sciatic pain. I did mangage to get over the 80's theme of the work out, which is funny considering I'm a huge cynic.
The next time I do this work out, I'll do the warm up a bit slower and skip some of the glute and leg work. It might be best to combine this with the softer, gentler FitMama.
I will definitely pull this out when I need to lose my baby weight and prepare for Becky's wedding!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home