Happy Friday everyone! I say this with sarcasm, because I just returned from taking the 3 hour glucose tolerance test at the hospital.
I took a cab to the hospital hungry and sleepy - not a good start to the day.
I gave a urine sample, which they did not make me do last time. Apparently, my urine showed no extra sugar which made me wonder why I needed to take the test in the first place. A thought that became the theme of the day. I then had my blood drawn before I drank the glucola. The technician I worked with was very nice and quick with the needle. After thirty minutes I returned to have my blood drawn again, returning once an hour after that, three times. That totals five blood draws in three hours. I could not eat anything and I became spacier and more irritable, not attractive qualities.
I have bruises running down each arm as a souvenier of my Friday! I'll share the results of my test when I get them, but it isn't likely to be until later next week.
For now, I'm eating what I want (within reason) and exercising, too.
I took a cab to the hospital hungry and sleepy - not a good start to the day.
I gave a urine sample, which they did not make me do last time. Apparently, my urine showed no extra sugar which made me wonder why I needed to take the test in the first place. A thought that became the theme of the day. I then had my blood drawn before I drank the glucola. The technician I worked with was very nice and quick with the needle. After thirty minutes I returned to have my blood drawn again, returning once an hour after that, three times. That totals five blood draws in three hours. I could not eat anything and I became spacier and more irritable, not attractive qualities.
I have bruises running down each arm as a souvenier of my Friday! I'll share the results of my test when I get them, but it isn't likely to be until later next week.
For now, I'm eating what I want (within reason) and exercising, too.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home