I think you all know I failed the first screening for gestational diabetes. The second test is on Friday where I get to sit for three hours and have blood drawn four times!
I am really upset at the idea that I could have gestational diabetes. I feel like it is my fault that this is happening and while it's not the end of the world, it is damn annoying. If my sugar numbers are too high at this screening then I have to see a nutritionist, which I have neither the money or patience for. Let's hope I pass!
Before I go in to have this screening done I have to load up on carbs. I wasn't given a specific list of things to eat like other pregnant women I know. I am eating what I think are appropriate carbs: pasta, rice, breads, etc.
On another note, a regular customer of the store came in today and asked if I am expecting twins. Let me remind you that you should never, ever ask a pregnant womam this question. Feel free to ask when I'm due, what the gender is, if I'm excited, but please do not stare straight at my belly and ask if I'm having twins.
I am really upset at the idea that I could have gestational diabetes. I feel like it is my fault that this is happening and while it's not the end of the world, it is damn annoying. If my sugar numbers are too high at this screening then I have to see a nutritionist, which I have neither the money or patience for. Let's hope I pass!
Before I go in to have this screening done I have to load up on carbs. I wasn't given a specific list of things to eat like other pregnant women I know. I am eating what I think are appropriate carbs: pasta, rice, breads, etc.
On another note, a regular customer of the store came in today and asked if I am expecting twins. Let me remind you that you should never, ever ask a pregnant womam this question. Feel free to ask when I'm due, what the gender is, if I'm excited, but please do not stare straight at my belly and ask if I'm having twins.

4 Comments:
If someone thinks you could be having twins, then they think surely think that I was having triplets!
Also, I seriously doubt that you have GD. It's very obnoxious that they can't get their story straight about fasting versus carb-loading. I find that kind of thing so frustrating!
YPB
I'm pretty big all around though. You, my dear, have a little basketball tummy :-)
Well, I guess I do eat alot of sugar, but I also thought I was eating enough protein and veggies too in order to help regulate that. Also, I exercise and drink water. I learned that genetics has nothing to do with it, but oddly, neither does diet really. Strange.
Hell, I won't even ask if a woman's pregnant if I don't already know she's pregnant.
^^^ That was me. I'm a dork.
Post a Comment
<< Home