A few of my childhood friends are home for the holiday! Yippee! I met up with Julia today for some coffee (decaf for me and tea for her)and to catch up. She's due with her first baby exactly a month after me! Here is the most adorable baby belly shot of the two of us:

It was great to talk about our pregnancies and some island gossip (although I think we each felt a little bit guilty about that) and life in general. My friendship with Julia is really for another post, but she's truly a gem. I am glad she's still in my life.
In other news, I started my 6th month today!
I am experiencing frequent sciatica pain, trips to the bathroom, and weight gain. I'm a bit alarmed at the the growing size of my face, thighs, and butt. Not much I can do about it though. I am also experiencing food aversion/sickness stuff again. For the past few days nothing sounds or tastes appealing to me. I'm not sure if this is a common thing or if I'm just a strange specimen, but it does bother me. My hightened sense of smell is back, too. However, I also get to experience baby kicks and the pregnancy glow so I'm happy.

It was great to talk about our pregnancies and some island gossip (although I think we each felt a little bit guilty about that) and life in general. My friendship with Julia is really for another post, but she's truly a gem. I am glad she's still in my life.
In other news, I started my 6th month today!
Your baby's growing steadily, gaining about a quarter of a pound since last week, when she was just over a pound. Since she's almost a foot long, that makes a pretty lean figure, but her body is filling out proportionally and she'll soon put on more baby fat. Your baby's skin is thin, translucent, and wrinkled, her brain is growing rapidly, and her taste buds are developing. Her lungs are developing "branches" of the respiratory "tree" and cells that produce surfactant, a substance that helps the air sacs inflate easily.
I am experiencing frequent sciatica pain, trips to the bathroom, and weight gain. I'm a bit alarmed at the the growing size of my face, thighs, and butt. Not much I can do about it though. I am also experiencing food aversion/sickness stuff again. For the past few days nothing sounds or tastes appealing to me. I'm not sure if this is a common thing or if I'm just a strange specimen, but it does bother me. My hightened sense of smell is back, too. However, I also get to experience baby kicks and the pregnancy glow so I'm happy.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home