Sunday, December 11, 2005

We just finished up an interview with a doula. I haven't decided for sure if I want one in the room. It's likely we will hire one, but that does seem to make for alot of people involved in the birth of our baby. However, I think the benefits of having a doula by myside will help make the birth enjoyable (as enjoyable as that can be).
I asked her if she's ever been asked to leave a birth by medical staff. It normally wouldn't have occurred me to ask this question, but Mark's mom regaled a few stories of situations where that has occurred. Unfortunately, I completely threw her off by asking her. I don't think I offended her as she mentioned that she appreciated such a bold question.

1 Comments:

Blogger heels said...

For what it's worth- I ADORED having my doula and can't imagine doing it without one.

11:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home