I had an appointment at the doctor today - nothing to report as everything is going along well. I've gained a few more pounds (which only puts my total weight gain at 14 pounds so far - not too bad I guess) but not nearly as much as I thought I had considering I eat all the time now. My latest craving is not pickles and ice cream, but Rice Crispies cereal. In fact, I had THREE bowls of it yesterday. Sometimes I slice a banana on top and other times I add just a bit of sugar. I can't get enough of it - I even dreamed about Rice Crispy treats last night! This qualifies as a strange craving, I think. At least it is more unusual than when I craved Sprite throughout the entire first trimester.
Also, I think the pregnancy hormones have kicked in and are taking a toll on my emotions. I don't want to do anything but lay on the couch and read or watch a DVD. Then I find myself becoming increasingly irritated at my laziness and then mad at myself for it. This segues into feeling like a failure as a mom already. I mean if I can't get off my duff now and do some thing productive, what will I be able to do when I'm sleep-deprived? Nothing seems to make me feel better either. I took a nice warm shower earlier when I started to feel this way, but began bawling because I felt I was wasting time instead of cleaning the bathtub. Luckily and surprisingly, I have been fairly level emotionally this whole time, but because of that I thought I'd stay that way.
Also, I think the pregnancy hormones have kicked in and are taking a toll on my emotions. I don't want to do anything but lay on the couch and read or watch a DVD. Then I find myself becoming increasingly irritated at my laziness and then mad at myself for it. This segues into feeling like a failure as a mom already. I mean if I can't get off my duff now and do some thing productive, what will I be able to do when I'm sleep-deprived? Nothing seems to make me feel better either. I took a nice warm shower earlier when I started to feel this way, but began bawling because I felt I was wasting time instead of cleaning the bathtub. Luckily and surprisingly, I have been fairly level emotionally this whole time, but because of that I thought I'd stay that way.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home