Friday, January 20, 2006

I've reached the insomnia stage of pregnancy. I am not entirely sure that this is a formal stage, although we touched on this symptom quite briefly in baby class tonight.
Not only do I suffer from insomnia, but also from restless sleep. I have a history of twitching and kicking my leg around at night. For several years, family members have suggested to me that something might be wrong with my legs. I always assumed I had a circulation problem as my feet, hands, and especially my nose are always iceburg temperature. Lately, I've been reading several articles on restless leg syndrome. I suffer from all of the symptoms listed, but it seems pointless now to see a doctor for any treatment options. I do find that the sleepier I am the stronger the twitchy, dead leg feelings are. Massage seems to help a little bit as does a warm shower before bed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home