The gifts are beginning to come in fairly steadily. We welcome them, but it's also quite strange - our baby won't even be here until April.
Mark's Aunt and cousins gave us a travel diapering system which will definitely come in handy. Today I received a 30th birthday present from my dear Spankycita; (a nickname, of course) a dipaer bag filled with goodies for mom and baby. The diaper bag is totally hip, because of course, that is how Spanky is. She also included some Burt's Bees treats for the baby (I believe she called it "the baby's first make up kit") along with a wonderful note that shall be tucked into the baby scrapbook.
I couldn't help myself and bought an outfit
for the baby last night. I know I should refrain since we don't need any clothes (thanks to great bargains and quality at thrift stores!), but I am addicted to baby clothes!
Finally, I am keeping up with the story of a woman from my baby board who gave birth to a 24 week-old fetus on Christmas Eve. (I was 24 weeks on Christmas Eve.) The original due date was April 15th (my due date). The baby is still alive and thriving despite a bout of pneumonia. It's been quite an experience to read about her. I'm amazed that she's still alive. The situation makes me wonder if my own baby would survive now at 28 weeks, nevermind at 24 weeks. I know I sound like a hypochondriac (hi AinH!), but I cannot help it. This whole process has felt like a miracle so far -- there is a human being inside of me. All of the research I've done says that my baby is viable now - as in, she could live outside of the body should she come early. I remain in a state of awe much of the time when I think about my pregnancy. Mark can feel her moving and kicking while I'm sleeping. He comments often that he can't believe a human so small and inside of me can kick and move as strongly. He often stares at my tummy and shakes his head in disbelief.
Mark's Aunt and cousins gave us a travel diapering system which will definitely come in handy. Today I received a 30th birthday present from my dear Spankycita; (a nickname, of course) a dipaer bag filled with goodies for mom and baby. The diaper bag is totally hip, because of course, that is how Spanky is. She also included some Burt's Bees treats for the baby (I believe she called it "the baby's first make up kit") along with a wonderful note that shall be tucked into the baby scrapbook.
I couldn't help myself and bought an outfit
for the baby last night. I know I should refrain since we don't need any clothes (thanks to great bargains and quality at thrift stores!), but I am addicted to baby clothes!
Finally, I am keeping up with the story of a woman from my baby board who gave birth to a 24 week-old fetus on Christmas Eve. (I was 24 weeks on Christmas Eve.) The original due date was April 15th (my due date). The baby is still alive and thriving despite a bout of pneumonia. It's been quite an experience to read about her. I'm amazed that she's still alive. The situation makes me wonder if my own baby would survive now at 28 weeks, nevermind at 24 weeks. I know I sound like a hypochondriac (hi AinH!), but I cannot help it. This whole process has felt like a miracle so far -- there is a human being inside of me. All of the research I've done says that my baby is viable now - as in, she could live outside of the body should she come early. I remain in a state of awe much of the time when I think about my pregnancy. Mark can feel her moving and kicking while I'm sleeping. He comments often that he can't believe a human so small and inside of me can kick and move as strongly. He often stares at my tummy and shakes his head in disbelief.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home