Now that I have reached the third trimester the fact that we'll have a baby to take home in twelve weeks is a bit scary for both of us. Mark and I have had a few discussions regarding our fears and excitements. These conversations regarding our impending parenthood have been amazing, because (and yes I'm going to be cliche-ish here) they have brought us much closer together as a couple.
We keep hearing that our lives are going to change forever and in ways we won't understand until it happens. I am so terrified that when she comes I won't know what to do with her. When she cries can I soothe her? Mark has mimiced my fears and so we've talked about what our home and our life will look like as our paradigm shifts.
I am reading a book now on parenting.
The author describes the 4th trimester, meaning that babies are not really ready to come into the world necessarily. He discusses his techniques for soothing a babyby replicating the womb as much as possible. The majority of what he says I happen to agree with and his theories seem to be debated often in the parenting community.
Any opinions out there? Does anyone want to share what they think are good strategies for calming a baby or establishing a routine? (Or even IF a routine should be established at infancy?) You can reply anonymously, if you choose to -- I understand this can be a heated topic.
We keep hearing that our lives are going to change forever and in ways we won't understand until it happens. I am so terrified that when she comes I won't know what to do with her. When she cries can I soothe her? Mark has mimiced my fears and so we've talked about what our home and our life will look like as our paradigm shifts.
I am reading a book now on parenting.
The author describes the 4th trimester, meaning that babies are not really ready to come into the world necessarily. He discusses his techniques for soothing a babyby replicating the womb as much as possible. The majority of what he says I happen to agree with and his theories seem to be debated often in the parenting community.
Any opinions out there? Does anyone want to share what they think are good strategies for calming a baby or establishing a routine? (Or even IF a routine should be established at infancy?) You can reply anonymously, if you choose to -- I understand this can be a heated topic.

1 Comments:
I think routine is hard early on - the baby has no concept and although will have patterns they will change quickly. I do agree routine is important starting around 4-5 months - it helps us out a great deal.
Calming a baby can vary to much between babies. You will meet your daughter and you will know what she needs.
Post a Comment
<< Home