Thursday, February 09, 2006

We attended our last childbirth preparation class tonight. I'm here to say that the class we had tonight was the only one of the four in which either of us learned anything new. We watched a montage of births, which really seemed like porn to us because of all of the moaning and nakedness. Some of the women moaned orgasmically or chanted "oh yes" throughout a contraction or during pushing. I am here to say that I very well could be one of those women that says something like that, and I shouldn't have laughed. It was startling though, what women will do or say while in pain. At least it's comforting to know that the medical staff has seen and heard it all. However, I did have to laugh a bit when one woman chanted "I can" in between whacking her husband on the back. "I can" - whack! "I can" whack!...
For those of you that are pregnant or expecting to be, I have to say that the childbirth prep. classes really weren't worth the money in our opinion. I have been reading a few books that I found to be helpful and Mark and I discuss these books. I feel armed with information only in the academic sense. I know when it happens it won't matter what I've read, but I also know I won't reacall the 30 minutes of breathing exercises our class instructor attempted to teach us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home