Tuesday, February 07, 2006

My 30 week check up went well. Whenever the receptionist asks me to step on the scale she is always surprised that I don't mind seeing how much I weigh. After the shock of seeing my weight today I can see why she says most women turn and face away.
I am at 154 pounds, which seems like a huge, big, drastic amount of weight. My doctor is not concerned so I guess I shouldn't be.
The highlight of the appointment came when he demonstrated one way I can avoid an episiotomy - perineal massage.
I didn't so much mind when he demonstarted because he's rooting around down there anyway, but I have not had as good a laugh as when he suggested that Mark come in on my next appointment to learn how to do it. Our sex life is already non-existent, but reading the informational sheet to him, "Start with a rubber glove..." certainly isn't what I had in mind to spice things up.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hummmm...rubber gloves. Fantastic! Sign me up.

Of course I'm kidding. And even though I know that it's a good thing to do to make labor easier, I'm guessing that I won't partake myself.

Glad to hear that everything else at the 30 week check up went well though.

YPB

5:25 PM  
Blogger Hannah said...

10 more weeks!!!!!! That's very exciting. it'll go by fast - just to warn you. Relax and go see a lot of movies :)

8:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home