I've been feeling like crap lately. I moved to the couch because I can't get comfortable in my own bed. I also have incredibly itchy legs and low back - the itchiness sometimes wakes me up at night. I also still seem to be leaking some sort of liquid. I thought it was pee, but it was clear and then I suspected amniotic fluid. Also, I have had a few too many headaches lately (fortunately Tylenol does seem to help) and a stuffy nose too. My hands and feet fall asleep at night, too. Fortunately, I have no appetite anymore so at least our grocery bill has returned to normal.
I finally decided to call the doc. and bring these symptoms up with him. From what I've read online and in my preggo books, all of these symptoms are normal and just another fun part of being pregnant, but because I'm fairly certain that any particular moment something will be wrong, I had to make an appointment.
My doc did say itchy skin, night-time headaches and stuffy nose, leakage, and carpal tunnel syndrome-like symptoms are a normal part of the third trimester and should go away up on birth of my baby.
In other medical appointment excitement I was tested for Strep B. For those of you who haven't had this test (this is mainly for YPB), let me tell you that in addition to the hoo ha the doc also swabs your...well, the "back door", "brown zone", "bottom system"...whichever cute name you wish to call it.
I was definitely NOT expecting that.
Also, the excitement didn't end there. I might be wrong here, and ladies please correct me if I am wrong, but I experienced the most embarassing thing one can experience at the gynocologists today. That's right -I farted on my ob/gyn. Along with feeling like the size of the Titanic (and yes, I realize it's only going to get worse as the 40 week mark approaches) and all of the other new symptoms, I farted on my gyno. Could it get any better?
I finally decided to call the doc. and bring these symptoms up with him. From what I've read online and in my preggo books, all of these symptoms are normal and just another fun part of being pregnant, but because I'm fairly certain that any particular moment something will be wrong, I had to make an appointment.
My doc did say itchy skin, night-time headaches and stuffy nose, leakage, and carpal tunnel syndrome-like symptoms are a normal part of the third trimester and should go away up on birth of my baby.
In other medical appointment excitement I was tested for Strep B. For those of you who haven't had this test (this is mainly for YPB), let me tell you that in addition to the hoo ha the doc also swabs your...well, the "back door", "brown zone", "bottom system"...whichever cute name you wish to call it.
I was definitely NOT expecting that.
Also, the excitement didn't end there. I might be wrong here, and ladies please correct me if I am wrong, but I experienced the most embarassing thing one can experience at the gynocologists today. That's right -I farted on my ob/gyn. Along with feeling like the size of the Titanic (and yes, I realize it's only going to get worse as the 40 week mark approaches) and all of the other new symptoms, I farted on my gyno. Could it get any better?

3 Comments:
Well done! I'm sure they see (feel, and smell) it all :-)
I'm glad you prepared me for the 'excitment' of the Strep B test...
YPB
YPB
I hope your Strep B adventure is blog worthy. :-)
Incidentally, I've been reading up on Strep B. If the Strep B bacteria lives in the vagina normally then you have to wonder why they swab the poop chute. And that answer skeeves me out.
Also, YPB, have you been reading about the vitamin K shot they give our babies? Any thoughts?
Rebecca,
Seeing as how I've not had any sexual adventures, juicy or otherwise, as of late I thought perhaps my doc. might ask me first if he needed to swab. But the front to back thing is very logical.
Your story beats mine for sure. I'd switch gyno's on the spot!
Post a Comment
<< Home