Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Remember when I promised I wouldn't post about every doctors visit I have? Well, I don't have much else to post about. The surprising news is that I'm making progress -- I am 2 cm. dialated and 75% effaced. Really all that means is that the my body is considering the possibility of one day pushing out a baby. I could be this way for another four weeks. I also asked him if he had any idea about the baby's size. He told me he thinks she's between six and seven pounds and "if" I go full term (between 38 and 40 weeks) she won't get much bigger. That was reassuring. Six or seven pounds is much different than the eight or nine pounds I have nightmares about.
Also, I asked him about my feet and my water retention. Seriously, I cannot even fit into my largest pair of shoes and I'm down to one pair of pants that fit comfortably and don't cut off my circulation. His suggestion? Alot of couch surfing and warm baths. Seriously. I think his exact words were "take a load off, lay on the couch and have your sweetie make dinner".
The receptionist weighed me and tried to tell me I've gained four pounds in a week. It is true that I really enjoyed the food I ate at Becky's shower this past weekend, but I don't think I ate enough to gain four extra pounds. I think he needs a new receptionist. However, I took it to heart and walked all the way home from his office (twelve blocks incase you were wondering).

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. Exciting. 2cm. 75% effaced. And you're to the point where they wouldn't try to stop labor if it started. I'm a bit jealous over here at 32 weeks!

YPB

8:23 AM  
Blogger Swiftyjess said...

As I said I could stay this way for awhile! We'll see if more progress has been made at my next appointment. I'm thinking things are the same and she's in there just sleeping and growing, but I have had a much more difficult time walking lately.
Oh, and oddly, I have a ton of more energy than I had even a week ago. It's not a nesting type of energy, but I can get through a day without needing a nap.

11:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home