Insomnia and late night hunger have come back, it seems. I was doing quite well for awhile of sleeping all night in my bed (and not on the couch!) without getting up several times for pee breaks or snacks. Now,I can't seem to fall asleep this past week before 2 a.m. and then I'm up again at 6 a.m. I'm not sure if this is because I'm growing even BIGGER or if the baby is going throug a growth spurt, or what.
I am reading a very good book which helps bring on the sleepies though. For the moms-to-be I recommend The Girlfriends Guide to Surviving Your First Year of Motherhood. The author, Vicki Iovine, wrote Girlfriends Guide to Pregnancy which I also read back in the beginning. She is not so talented that her books will win any type of award, but she does have a wit and charm about her. I am particularly finding the section on Post-Partum Myths to be informative. I'm embarrassed to say I've believed every one of those myths at one point and it's a great service to have those myths debunked.
Tomorrow I get a facial! I love me a facial! And then following that I hope to see Heather for some decaf coffee goodness. My facialist is sure to notice I haven't been sleeping much. And I'm sure she'll notice I'm dehydrated too. Oh and the fine lines I have. Bah. As long as I get a steam treatment and moisturized with nice smelling stuff out of the deal, I'll be happy.
I am reading a very good book which helps bring on the sleepies though. For the moms-to-be I recommend The Girlfriends Guide to Surviving Your First Year of Motherhood. The author, Vicki Iovine, wrote Girlfriends Guide to Pregnancy which I also read back in the beginning. She is not so talented that her books will win any type of award, but she does have a wit and charm about her. I am particularly finding the section on Post-Partum Myths to be informative. I'm embarrassed to say I've believed every one of those myths at one point and it's a great service to have those myths debunked.
Tomorrow I get a facial! I love me a facial! And then following that I hope to see Heather for some decaf coffee goodness. My facialist is sure to notice I haven't been sleeping much. And I'm sure she'll notice I'm dehydrated too. Oh and the fine lines I have. Bah. As long as I get a steam treatment and moisturized with nice smelling stuff out of the deal, I'll be happy.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home