Our computer has had a virus and now something is going on with it regarding xp or connectability or some such technical stuff that Mark is trying to fix. So, Sorry to leave you hanging after that last post.
I think the baby has dropped, but I'm not sure. I don't know what that feels like. Lately, I've had a much more difficult time walking due to a feeling of having something quite heavy pressed upon my pelvic floor. My pregnant lady waddle is quite pronounced now.
We had lunch yesterday with a friend from high school, her husband, and their three kids. We had such a good time! We tagged along to the Pacific Science Center
where they were featuring a dinasauer exhibit. It was fun to see hundreds of kids run around screaming, being poorly behaved or well behaved (Amy's kids were well-behaved of course)...This is going to become our life! The Pacific Science Center really needs a remodel, by the way. I remember going there as a child and it felt vast and full of activities, but when we went it was just not...fun. I think the kids had fun, but the exhibits weren't very good -- very little interaction or hands-on learning.
Amy gave us a baby shower gift of a hamper, Dreft, and inside the hamper more baby clothes! Seriously, if I had known I'd be receiving so many clothes as gifts I would not have purchased any. These clothes were hand-me-downs from her daughter and are all newborn size, which is great because we don't have any in that size. I'm hoping our daughter is able to wear them, because she's already about six pounds (how crazy is it that I have a six pound human INSIDE OF ME?) and four weeks remain so it's she might pack on some more weight. The newborn size goes up to about eight pounds.
We received two other gifts this week -- two little sunsuits from a cousin of Mark's, scrapbook stuff, and an outfit from Amy's mom! I have no more hangers left for the clothes and also no room left in the closet. The dressers are full too.
Today, we go to BabiesRUs to get a stroller and perhaps exchange some receiving blankets and such (we have twelve receiving blankets - that's a bit much, I think).
We might attempt a walk around Green Lake, but Mark has reminded me that the only shoes that fit me are my flip flops, which aren't conducive to long-ish walks.
I've been working at getting the baby's side of the room set up. The bassinet is ready with washed sheets. The changing table pad and cover have been washed and are set up, also. I've included her name and some small decor on the wall above the changing table/dresser. Several weeks ago I bought a canvas organizer that fits over the door, which I've filled with diapers, blankets, toys, and books. Now all we need to do finish up the changing table area. I'll post a photo when it's ready.
I think the baby has dropped, but I'm not sure. I don't know what that feels like. Lately, I've had a much more difficult time walking due to a feeling of having something quite heavy pressed upon my pelvic floor. My pregnant lady waddle is quite pronounced now.
We had lunch yesterday with a friend from high school, her husband, and their three kids. We had such a good time! We tagged along to the Pacific Science Center
where they were featuring a dinasauer exhibit. It was fun to see hundreds of kids run around screaming, being poorly behaved or well behaved (Amy's kids were well-behaved of course)...This is going to become our life! The Pacific Science Center really needs a remodel, by the way. I remember going there as a child and it felt vast and full of activities, but when we went it was just not...fun. I think the kids had fun, but the exhibits weren't very good -- very little interaction or hands-on learning.
Amy gave us a baby shower gift of a hamper, Dreft, and inside the hamper more baby clothes! Seriously, if I had known I'd be receiving so many clothes as gifts I would not have purchased any. These clothes were hand-me-downs from her daughter and are all newborn size, which is great because we don't have any in that size. I'm hoping our daughter is able to wear them, because she's already about six pounds (how crazy is it that I have a six pound human INSIDE OF ME?) and four weeks remain so it's she might pack on some more weight. The newborn size goes up to about eight pounds.
We received two other gifts this week -- two little sunsuits from a cousin of Mark's, scrapbook stuff, and an outfit from Amy's mom! I have no more hangers left for the clothes and also no room left in the closet. The dressers are full too.
Today, we go to BabiesRUs to get a stroller and perhaps exchange some receiving blankets and such (we have twelve receiving blankets - that's a bit much, I think).
We might attempt a walk around Green Lake, but Mark has reminded me that the only shoes that fit me are my flip flops, which aren't conducive to long-ish walks.
I've been working at getting the baby's side of the room set up. The bassinet is ready with washed sheets. The changing table pad and cover have been washed and are set up, also. I've included her name and some small decor on the wall above the changing table/dresser. Several weeks ago I bought a canvas organizer that fits over the door, which I've filled with diapers, blankets, toys, and books. Now all we need to do finish up the changing table area. I'll post a photo when it's ready.

2 Comments:
I'm so glad that I only bought about 5 items of clothing...as it seems that we already have enought 0-6 month clothes for twins (which is what everyone says it looks like I'll be having...grrr).
I love all the cute little outfits, but I fear that once he reaches 12 pounds we'll go from designer "cool" baby to naked baby. And besides, I have a feeling this one might come out at 10 pounds.
Yes, good thinking of saving the money for baby necessities but not clothing. We might return the items we've purchased. Then again, we might as well wait and see if she is really a she before we go back to the clothing stores.
Post a Comment
<< Home