Thursday, July 06, 2006

Yesterday morning I put Sydney down for her morning nap in her crib. I did this without giving her a pacifier or The Boob just to see if she'd fall asleep on her own. And she did! She slept fairly soundly for about an hour so we're working on giving her the pacifier less often during nap time.

Our day was a typical one until about 2 p.m. Sydney and I were playing. She was practicing standing up which she loves to do. Each time she stands up she squeals with delight, then tuckers out easily and sits down to look around at her surroundings. I felt my lap become a bit warm and assumed she'd just filled her diaper. I hesitated a minute too late in taking her upstairs to change her because I soon noticed poop coming out of her pants and running down her leg. I picked her up to head upstairs for the diaper change and noticed poop all over my own pants and on my shirt. When we reached the bathroom I decided to give us a shower when I saw poop in my hair. Taking a shower with a slippery, little three month old is no easy task, but it was a success. I think she was rather perplexed by the whole thing, but we were both poop-free much more quickly than had I first tried to change her and then later myself.

I am amazed every time I wake up in the morning and see her beautiful face. Each day is a new experience with her. She makes me laugh all the time and my heart melts whenever she looks at me and smiles. I love the way she uses me as a mode of transportation. I hoist her up in my arms and she takes every part of her environment in. She grabs on to me, one fist full of my hair, the other little arm wrapped around my neck. I love that when she nurses she looks up at me and makes a little coo sound before closing her eyes to go to sleep. I love everything about her.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

And I love watching how motherhood is affecting you...

10:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home