Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Okay, I admit it. I took Sydney to the pediatrician today to have her neck folds examined for yeast even though the nurse on the phone yesterday told me it will take a few days for it to clear up. Sure enough she has a yeast infection in her neck. He said that unfortunately I should not expect it to go away until she can sit up and get some air into that area. By most standards, babies don't sit up until about four months of age so we have another two months of grossness to look forward to.
He seemed a bit more concerned that her eczema is as severe as it is. I listed off for him the foods I've stopped eating, but he said it's almost impossible to know what causes an eczema flare up. He's in the school of thought where allergies and eczema aren't directly related. I didn't feel like arguing with him. He also said her cradle cap has returned! No good. I had done a most excellent job of getting ride of Crade Cap Round 1, but I guess it's common behind the ears where it is located now. So we're taking care of that.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Jess, hope things have been getting more relaxed in the past few days. Sounds like the massage therapist needs a massage! So we're having our own fun times - my job sucks at the moment and I've been told I need to go back to Nigeria, and in the meantime Michelle thinks Otto has a super minor congenital defect! Doctor visit on Friday to make Michelle feel better, since she never listens to me. I tried to give her some beer to help her chill out, but since she didn't like it too much I had to finish it. I kind of wish I could cast a sleep spell on her so she could catch up since I think that's part of the problem. Give our best to Mark and Sydney from her boyfriend Otto and the rest of us.

7:47 PM  
Blogger Chuckles said...

Otto does like to get blotto!

6:16 AM  
Blogger Maribeth said...

did they give you some cream to use on the yeast infection? And what are you using on the exema?
Hope it's all working out.

9:02 AM  
Blogger Swiftyjess said...

Maribeth,
They told me to buy 1% hydrocortisone cream (to keep the redness out) and any antifungual over-the-counter cream for her neck.
I apply it 3x a day and it really does seem to be working okay.

12:12 PM  
Blogger caseyoconnell said...

I, for one, am really glad you posted that. Freya has a red spot in a neck fold and occasional ones in her armpits, and I know it is from funk going unremoved and getting moist. I figured it could go fungal one day, so now I know to check it for odor. What kind of antifungal did your ped say was safe?

11:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home