Monday, June 05, 2006

Sydney woke up screaming tonight. The room was dark because Mark was sleeping. We usually keep the bathroom light on so it will filter in acting as a nightlight. Tomight I had turned it off accidentally. When I ran in to pick her up, I flipped on the bathroom light and I saw that her eyes were wide open in terror. It totally freaked me out and now I can't get that image of her looking scared out of my mind.
Mark was scared for her and all three of us stood in the bedroom crying. Not a fun night so far.
Last night, I went in to check on her and found an ear wig crawling on her blanket. After that gross find and given tonight's fright, she's definitely sleeping with us until we move into the new house.

2 Comments:

Blogger Maribeth said...

Hugs! It's okay. Get on eof those little nightlites and put it somewhere that won't bother you, but will comfort her. You will all sleep better, I promise!

7:02 AM  
Blogger Swiftyjess said...

Maribeth
It will be a challenge in the new place for sure as she'll have her own room.
And she woke up screaming again from her nap today. Ugh. I find that she prefers to be placed on her tummy when she sleeps and I know the SIDS police will be after me for that. I wonder if being placed on her tummy pushes the gas out and that gas is what causes her to wake up screaming? I don't know.

12:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home