Wednesday, May 31, 2006

I am so tired my eyes feel like they've been sandblasted. I don't want to take anything over the counter, yet, until my OB says it's ok. However, I don't see him until June something. Can I talk to my daughter's Pediatrician about my lack of sleep situation?
Also, anyone have a recommendation for what to do regarding leaking at night? I should wear a bra but all of mine have underwire. I tried a tank bra from Target but I bought one a size too small (because they come all packaged up so I wasn't able to try it on first) and I haven't had time to go back to Target yet.
Mark and Sydney are asleep right now, which means I really should be sleeping also. Isn't that the advice everyone gives new moms -- sleep when the baby sleeps?
My question then is why does reading a book and drinking a small, tiny, glass of wine sound much more desirable? (And - don't freak out - it's the smallest glass of wine you've ever seen - I am not going to have alcohol-infused boobies from it).

2 Comments:

Blogger Swiftyjess said...

Jessi
It is most likely the sleeping arrangement. We're in a one bedroom apartment and she sleeps in her bassinet (for a few hours anyway) at the foot of our bed.
We move soon and that should change - then I'll get to adjust to having her in a different room.
I think I read that postnatal insomnia is common too.
I'll look at getting a sleep bra that actually fits this weekend.

10:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ms. Jessica-aaa! I have a feeling you might miss some time to yourself. You're with little Sydney all the live long day, so it's only natural to want some time alone, to relax like you used to. Want me to babysit? - Heidi :)

7:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home