I haven't quite figured out how to handle the baby during the day and get some chores done, specifically laundry. The laundry room is downstairs so I have to put her in the front pack and get everything organized. I haven't been able to do that in a few days though and Mark has taken it upon himself to do a load of laundry when he gets home from work.
Last night was one such laundry night. This morning when I woke up and attempted to put on something clean, I realized that the laundry was still downstairs in the laundry room. The laundry room requires a key, which we have. Or we usually do when Mark remembers to put it back in its designated spot. I wasn't even upset at the idea of not having a fresh pair of pants to wear, because I was so tired this morning. (I am still in between sizes so I need to wear my maternity clothing still and there is not much of that left that is season appropriate). I decided to go with the same outfit I have worn for the last three days; somewhat a miracle considering that baby spits up or pees on me usually once a day. Earlier I was attempting to do some dishes and prepare dinner when I dropped a wine glass. The wine glass was half full (or was it half empty?) of red wine and when I dropped it, it splattered glass and wine all through the kitchen and myself. The baby was napping and the first thing I thought was, "Please don't let this wake up the baby". She startled a bit, but went back to sleep. Then I noticed I had wine all over my clothes, my glasses and in my hair. There goes that outfit!
I managed to get most of it cleaned up without crying (still have some of the "post baby" hormones) when I thought of a positive spin: I can get away with wearing my husbands boxers and an exercise bra (the only clean clothes I have left) "to work" since I "work" at home. Not an attractive picture, but no one will notice!
Last night was one such laundry night. This morning when I woke up and attempted to put on something clean, I realized that the laundry was still downstairs in the laundry room. The laundry room requires a key, which we have. Or we usually do when Mark remembers to put it back in its designated spot. I wasn't even upset at the idea of not having a fresh pair of pants to wear, because I was so tired this morning. (I am still in between sizes so I need to wear my maternity clothing still and there is not much of that left that is season appropriate). I decided to go with the same outfit I have worn for the last three days; somewhat a miracle considering that baby spits up or pees on me usually once a day. Earlier I was attempting to do some dishes and prepare dinner when I dropped a wine glass. The wine glass was half full (or was it half empty?) of red wine and when I dropped it, it splattered glass and wine all through the kitchen and myself. The baby was napping and the first thing I thought was, "Please don't let this wake up the baby". She startled a bit, but went back to sleep. Then I noticed I had wine all over my clothes, my glasses and in my hair. There goes that outfit!
I managed to get most of it cleaned up without crying (still have some of the "post baby" hormones) when I thought of a positive spin: I can get away with wearing my husbands boxers and an exercise bra (the only clean clothes I have left) "to work" since I "work" at home. Not an attractive picture, but no one will notice!

2 Comments:
When Hubby worked as a pilot, he had a crash pad near the airport. He kept 2 weeks worth of clothes there so he didn't have to wash very often. When he retired and moved it all home, I laughed! He still has more underwear and socks than I will ever have!
I am normally the one with all of the clothes, but because of my post baby weight I only have about three outfits that I wear. SoI need them washed often.
Post a Comment
<< Home