Yesterday and most of this morning I was out with a fever. It finally broke this morning at about 8 a.m. I brought Sydney into bed with us and I'm sure that means she's exposed to my sick germs and will become sick. However, she was wide-eyed and cooing at us so we couldn't resist trying to engage with her. In any case, we're lying there talking to her when Mark turns to me and says he's glad her gimpy foot is looking better. I was totally unsure what he was referring to - gimpy foot? Apparently the nurses told Mark that her left foot was stuck in dorsiflexion in utero and when she was born it didn't straighten out. Apparently, this is common but the nurse told Mark to watch for it and to make sure she begins to straighten it out. I'm curious to know why I never knew this, but it's no big deal -- it is straightening out, but it just proves that the medical staff gave more information to Mark than to me. I guess they didn't want to freak me out.
Saturday, May 06, 2006
About Me
- Name: Swiftyjess
- Location: Seattle, United States
I choose this blog to vent about life, to share my love for reading, coffee, and my daughters. I'm learning to cook more nutritionally sound meals that are safe for my food allergic children and I'm learning to savor life instead of freaking out about every little thing.
Previous Posts
- Just when I thought I was getting the hang of thin...
- My friend Stacie, her two daughters,Riley aged 4 a...
- I think three weeks into handling a baby I can beg...
- At times it is hard for me to remember being pregn...
- I wish I had more interesting things to write abou...
- I really don't have much to report and I don't eve...
- The baby has a yeast infection. We shouldn't be s...
- Raise your hands if you think I am one of those pe...
- One thing I didn't know before having a baby? Tha...
- Milestone achieved!Today I took a shower, AND wore...

2 Comments:
Don't worry too much. My younger daughter did have the same problem and unfortunately had to be in casts for a couple of months. The good news was, it never bothered her before, during or after the casts. And she walked early too.
Glad you are feeling better!
I find it strange that I didn't notice it before Mark said something.
Post a Comment
<< Home