Tuesday, April 25, 2006

I wish I had more interesting things to write about but as you can imagine, learning to be a mom takes up all of my time. I am learning about doing many things one handed, because she will only sleep if I'm holding her. This makes it an interesting adventure when I need to use the bathroom. Sometimes she'll allow me to put her in her bouncy seat for five minutes, but usually not.
I thought I might try setting up a routine of a bath and tummy time after her morning meal. We'll see how it goes.
She enjoys what I call "baby bicep" time. The few hours of the day that she is consistently awake I feel the need to entertain her. I do bicep curls with her for a few minutes. We then pretend we are on American Idol we sing and dance around the apartment. Finally we venture outside to get the mail. That's our day.
We tried cloth diapers with her. She is so small and sort of skinny that we had to ask for a preemie size diaper. The preemie size fits her, but the covers are too big and don't prevent blow outs. To keep from doing laundry every day, we are back to disposables for awhile.
She insists on sleeping with us in our bed or in my arms. I told myself I'd never allow us to become a family bed family, but in order to preserve my sanity and to get a smidge of sleep it seems we've become one. She just does not sleep in her bassinet. I am hoping we can iron out the kinks in this, because I'd really like her to be able to sleep in her own bed.
She stopped taking a pacifier and now insists on using me as a pacifier. The pediatrician says after awhile she'll do this less. For now the sucking is calming to a baby so when she needs to organize herself or calm herself she'll want to nurse.
Speaking of nursing, I've been reading alot about breastfeeding (in my spare time, you know). There are so many benefits to breastfeeding that I didn't know previously. She's taken to it quite easily so it's a good thing we have that under control.
I wish I had something more compelling to write about, but there is an update for you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home