The explanation of benefits papers from the insurance company are beginning to come in which means the actual hospital bills will roll in soon.
We do have insurance, but holy crap - so far we both underestimated how much Sydney's birth would cost. The C Section fees are the majority of the costs. Anyone want to guess how much we owe?
We do have insurance, but holy crap - so far we both underestimated how much Sydney's birth would cost. The C Section fees are the majority of the costs. Anyone want to guess how much we owe?

5 Comments:
We haven't gotten all the Explantion of Benefits for Hubby's knee replacement, but we're guessing it will be about 35-40 thou. After all the hospital room alone was 1200. a day! Yikes! And I gotta tell you, the service there stunk!
Be prepared for sticker shock!
My daughter was in the NICU for 82 days. Got an itemized summary from the hospital for JUST the final 47 days (doesn't include xrays, ultrasounds, eegs, neonatologists, residents, fellows, or surgeons) came to $361,000. Her bed alone cost $3550 per day! Thank Goodness for insurance- I paid the $500 deductible and the out of pocket max of $5000 for the year.
Kim
I had five insurance plans to choose from and was all set to pick one of them until the benefits lady mentioned that she had a baby on that plan and it cost her over $3000. Kaiser charges you $20 on the first visit and then all the prenatal visits are free...but I'm not sure about the birth costs?
YPB
Our insurance is crappy, but I'm glad we have some. I am also thankful every day that she stayed in and didn't require a NICU experience (not only for the cost but for her health).
So far we've been pleasantly surprised...Just my stay in the hospital has been $10k but we've had to pay zero because our insurance company picked up the cost.
Sydney's stuff has been about $5k and we are only out for $350. Not too bad.
Post a Comment
<< Home