Friday, June 23, 2006

Gah. I just found one little section of the room in the house that I can steal the neighbors wireless and then stupid blogger logged me out.
Anyway, just a quick update...
We're adjusting to living out of boxes still.
Sydney is three months old and I can hardly believe it. Last night I pulled out the photos from her birth day and first week. I almost cannot remember her being so tiny. And we have to move up another diaper size!
She's on a regular schedule now - mostly of her own initiative but I'm strict about keeping her on it. She takes two naps a day now and is usually asleep by 9 p.m. Yay!
She's also discovered that the the ceiling fan is loads of fun to look at. She lays there cooing, blowing raspberries, kicking her feet and moving her arms all about when she sees it. It's funny to watch her be so excited about it! She is also quite fond of her mobile and enjoys talking to the little animals.
Personally, I've switched from wanting other people to hold her so I wouldn't feel like I'm only The Boob, to not wanting her out of my sight. I am even apprehensive when Mark holds her. I hope this isn't a bad sign of anything going emotionally wonky in with me. Anyway, last night I filled up a bottle and gave her to Mark when he got home from work. We all transitioned quite well.

3 Comments:

Blogger Chuckles said...

I spent the weekend with my brother and his son. His mother in law was away on vacation and his wife was at work for a 24 hour shift on Saturday. We survived.

I was wiped out by 6 pm though. I was supposed to run the game that night, too. Coffee was had. It isn't as easy as I thought to keep up with a kid who takes two naps a day.

I even changed a diaper. Damn. If I pooped that much, I think I would clog every toilet I used. The kid excreted at least 1/2 to 1 pound of junk. That is the equivalent of dumping 10 to 20 pounds! Good lord, boy, what did you eat?

7:25 AM  
Blogger Swiftyjess said...

Chuck
Mark took care of Sydney while I worked on Saturday. He spent three hours with her. When he picked me up from work he said "Now I know what you go through all day!". :-)
Not so easy is it?

8:27 AM  
Blogger Chuckles said...

No. Easy it is not. Sydney isn't even crawling yet. That boy of my brother's just goes zipping around on his knees and sometimes even walks for a few steps. It is pretty awesome to watch.

We like to sit/stand outside and play point and click. He points and makes his 'What's that?' noise and I label everything. Aaron calls trucks 'gucks'. It is great hanging out with him.

How was work?

11:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home