Friday, July 28, 2006

I'm interrupting my vacation to say that I'm being a total bitch lately. WTF? I mean, have I always been this way and am finally so bitchy I'm being a bitch to myself? Or is this new? I know I was bitch at times during my pregnancy and I know when PMSin'g I hate everyone and want to pull an Ozzy by biting their heads off. (For example, it's 11:36 on a Friday night and my new neighbors who just moved in yesterday have decided that now is a great time to hang up photos. I shouldn't be as irritated as I am since tomorrow is a Saturday. I'm about three seconds away from being the Bitchy Neighbor). However, I don't think either of those apply here as far as I can tell.

I am glad I'm trying to take some time "off" so I can de-bitch-ify myself as much as possible. Or, as Becky and Alex would say, relax already!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sigh, with neighbors it's always hard, since you have to live next to them for a while after whatever you say. I don't think it's bitchy to ask them not to hammer late at night since you have a newborn (or even if you didn't), but if you want to yell, maybe take a couple deep breaths and wait until the next day, or until you've calmed down, so you can say it constructively and maybe make friends (or at least not enemies) of your neighbors... good luck with that. I found myself having to talk myself out of being bitchy at a women's tournament today (a girl 10 years younger than me pushed me over and kicked me - accidentally but it was her fault - and then made some comment about how I poked her in the spleen when she fell on me). I didn't shake hands with their team after the game (even though having good spirit is a big part of ultimate) so I was chastising myself for being petty later.

4:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You could always turn this into a 'bitching blog' for awhile. It might be fun to let loose and embrace the bitch in yourself. Kind of like the old "smoke a whole carton of cigarettes" cure to smoking :). Just kidding...though I do miss reading your thoughts (and seeing pictures of Sydney).

Sorry about the neighbors! That's a tough one. I've gone down several different roads with that one and never really found the right way to handle it.

12:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooops, that last one was me--JuliaG.

12:38 PM  
Blogger Alex said...

For god's sake, relax already! ;)

Just kidding.

I think your blog vacation is a good idea. I recently made the self-discovery that I am the "cup runneth over" sort when dealing with anger...I tend to take irritation and take it and take it until, eventually, my patience is all worn out. Then everything sets me off. I tend to get that way when a whole lot is coming down at the same time, and the only way to blow that steam off is to get away from my stressors and let the glass slowly empty itself (evaporate?) so I get to the happy place again.

Your little blog break may be a good first step. The other is to treat yourself to something, Mrs. Frugal, or maybe take your husband on a little date. We all love Sydney, you and Mark most of all, but I can only imagine how stressful that constant responsibility must be. One night with Grandma and Grandpa while you two step out might help. Altnatively...let Mark play Mr. Mom and go catch a movie ;) Just some quick brainstorms...I hope whatever you do it helps you feel better!

2:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home