Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Lately, we've received some phone calls about our choice of names. I guess I should clarify and say that Goldie Dorcas was supposed to be a joke and an unsuccessful one at that. I guess we'll go with our second choice, Ortho Tricyclen. Has a nice ring to it, doesn't it?
Seriously, since we have so much time to decide this, I thought I'd throw it out there and see if anyone has any suggestions for baby names. Of course we do not know the gender yet (we find out near Thanksgiving). I don't want a unisex name. We'd like to try using something that runs in the family - either the name itself or a variation. Family names we are trying to work with: Rosella, Rosemary, Christine, Rebecca, Donna, Geneva, Roland, Alvin, and Robert.
We absolutely will not be using these names: Hannah, Ella, Emma, Payton (or Peyton), Michael.
Okay, leave your suggestions in the comments, but remember we won't acutally tell you what we've decided!
Edit: I am going to edit this since no one is joining in on our fun. I really like the name Rosella but there are a ton of kids with the name Ella. And since he/she will be born in April I thought a nice spring-y name would be good. So my favorite girl name at this time is Iris. What do you think? Mark likes Cassidy.
Boy names are much more difficult. I know Mark would like to name his child after his grandfather, Alvin. I just can't name my child Alvin though. I was thinking of choosing a first name we both like and then changing Alvin to Allen or Alan and using it as a middle name. We tried to go with a Scandinavian name too. The only boy name we like is Soren and for a girl, Kaysa. I like Kaysa but Mark prefers Cassidy. Okay, after that long description does that help? Once again, leave your suggestions in the comments.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay! Thanks for making blogger accept my posts:)

As for the name game. Of the family names I'm liking Rosemary and Robert right away. Both have obvious (and nice) nicknames.

BTW, has anyone placed bets on the sex yet? I'll get the ball rolling and guess that it's a boy.

JuliaG

12:38 PM  
Blogger Swiftyjess said...

Robert is my dad's name so we are hoping to stay away from it if possible...
I think it's a boy too. Mark thinks the tomato is a girl.
Anyone else want to play the gender game?

5:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm really not sure why Goldie Dorcas was a joke. It seems quite reasonable to me:)

SHaron

5:21 PM  
Blogger Swiftyjess said...

Because Dorcas is dorky and Goldie Hahn has the market on Goldie.
But really, what about the other names I've posted? And - anymore guesses on the baby's gender?

6:44 PM  
Blogger caseyoconnell said...

Okay, Scandinavian boy names: Alarik, Beck, Finn, Gillis, Gustav, Isak, Magnus, Oskar, Ulrik.

Girls: Amalia, Anneliese, Astrid, Elke (Ell-keh or ELL-kee--I totally loved this one, but Matt said a game warden's kid named Elke would be ridiculed), Gisela, Helena, Linnea, Petra, Saskia, Vanja (VAHN-yah).

You'd never guess I had the book, "A World of Baby Names," would you? ;-)

6:54 PM  
Blogger Swiftyjess said...

I definitely like Alaric so I might win Mark over with that one. Is Kaysa or Kayse in your world book, Casey? I ask because I like that one too for a girl, but Mark doesn't. Ahhhh if only we had fish. So much easier to name.

11:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

4:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home