Wednesday, August 31, 2005

This is an update of sorts. Last week I experienced painful cramping (is cramping ever not painful?) and bleeding. I called the dr. in a tizzy because I really thought I was having a miscarriage. As I've mentioned, I always feel like I might be having one so this was not necessarily a new experience. Something about this time was different so the dr. made an appointment at the hospital and I had an emergency ultrasound. They found the embryo and saw its heart beating up a storm :-) We were relieved. The ultrasound tech. also found an extra sac of fluid between the placenta and the wall of the uterus. So far no one is able to tell me exactly what this is: a tumor? an extra embryo? a fibroid?
The main thing to know is that everything seems to be fine. I have another ultrasound on Monday-ish and hopefully the extra sac renting space in my uterus is packing up its bags to leave. The dr. suspects it is still there, but we are also hoping it isn't any bigger.
So that's the exciting story of why I'm on bedrest (to give my body a break and hope the sac thing diminishes in size). I'm only on bedrest for 4 more days!
Another good thing came of this - I'm working alot less than before and I'm a workaholic so that was a hard thing to give up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home