I was actually able to eat breakfast, lunch and dinner today. I get a gold star. I shouldn't complain - if this is nearing the end of the fun that is morning sickness I'll be considered lucky. And I'll also be very happy.
We are beginning to tell more people even it's still very early now. I just cannot keep a secret. And it's fairly obvious anyway because I've given up caffeine. Anyone who knows me at all, will tell you this is was the only clue they needed.
I had some blood taken per the usual prenatal visits. I don't exactly know what each of the five vials were for, but the doc did say any reports of numbers over 5,000 were good. He called yesterday to say the levels were 50,000. That is the highest I've scored on any test! Good job Tomato! He also called this morning to say that the levels went up to 60,000. As I mentioned, I'm not entirely sure what this is all about. My mom says this is a good sign and that it means I'm really pregnant. (Can one be only a little bit pregnant?) I celebrated by buying Tomato an adorable little onesie.
Finally, my thoughts have have been centered on poo as they are nearly all the time regardless of pregnancy or not. My non-pregnant techniques for dealing with constipation involved prescribed laxatives or hippie tea (senna) which took care of my problem in a very timely fashion. These remedies are all contraindicated for pregnancy so I'm left with prunes and stool softener. I wonder though - if I have er, an incredibly UNdainty poo requiring me to spend a bit more time expelling it then will there be an increased chance of dislodging Tomato?
We are beginning to tell more people even it's still very early now. I just cannot keep a secret. And it's fairly obvious anyway because I've given up caffeine. Anyone who knows me at all, will tell you this is was the only clue they needed.
I had some blood taken per the usual prenatal visits. I don't exactly know what each of the five vials were for, but the doc did say any reports of numbers over 5,000 were good. He called yesterday to say the levels were 50,000. That is the highest I've scored on any test! Good job Tomato! He also called this morning to say that the levels went up to 60,000. As I mentioned, I'm not entirely sure what this is all about. My mom says this is a good sign and that it means I'm really pregnant. (Can one be only a little bit pregnant?) I celebrated by buying Tomato an adorable little onesie.
Finally, my thoughts have have been centered on poo as they are nearly all the time regardless of pregnancy or not. My non-pregnant techniques for dealing with constipation involved prescribed laxatives or hippie tea (senna) which took care of my problem in a very timely fashion. These remedies are all contraindicated for pregnancy so I'm left with prunes and stool softener. I wonder though - if I have er, an incredibly UNdainty poo requiring me to spend a bit more time expelling it then will there be an increased chance of dislodging Tomato?

2 Comments:
You're a lot more likely to give yourself a hemhroid, sister. Try "real" black licorice, as in the candy kind that you get at a health food store. Not Nibs.
I double-checked the herbal aspect (licorice can cause miscarriage in its natural state) with my OB, and she said that it is low enough in the candy that it is perfectly okay. About a half a stick per day keeps me nice and steady.
Thank YOU Casey! I will research the candy online since I can't go to the store. Sweet pooing relief.
Post a Comment
<< Home