I can't believe my pregnancy test came back positive. For two people trying to get pregant, we were sure surprised. I discovered this information on August 8th and after an amusing conversation with Mark, made a doctors appointment for the next day. I wanted to be sure that the test sticks I had weren't defective in some way (although I didn't know that defective sticks always give a negative read out). The next day the doctor confirmed the pregnancy and I walked the 10 blocks home in a state of shock. I couldn't wait to tell Mark so I called him at work. He was quite excited and came home early so that we could go out to dinner to celebrate.
The minute I found out about the potential baby I thought of the album title by Pink Martini called "Hang On Little Tomato". I don't know why, but it has stuck in my head and that is what I call it. At this point, little tomato is the size of small lima bean and not a tomato, small or otherwise, but the name sticks.
Ever since the doctor confirmed my pregnancy I have what I will lovingly call
Pregnancy Paranoia. I think nearly every minute, every other minute on a good day, that I will miscarry. I have no basis for fearing this aside from cramping and light spotting that may or may not have been at the same time. I wonder this because my morning sickness has stopped after only one week. I also fear this because somehow I feel like I don't deserve a baby. I told you, paranoia.
I have my first prenatal appointment with an ob-gyn in two days and I don't know what news I'll hear. I may be far enough along for an ultrasound to determine if the little tomato is in the right place and not stuck in one tube trying to grow. I have tried to play out the worst scenario so that I can react in a fairly rational manner. I keep telling myself that if something is wrong (i.e. little tomato is an ectopic) that I will deal with the situation maturely. I imagine myself crying a little bit, but reassuring myself that I am fortunate to have the little tomato for the short time I did.
The little tomato has received 2 gifts already from Amy and Jenny. And Stacie has already offered up clothes (if tomato is a girl), a car seat, books and maternity clothes. I'm sure tomatos grandma's are each running around knitting, crocheting, weaving, or buying him/her items. The attention to my "delicate situation" has been overwhelming - and I'm only 6 weeks along!
The minute I found out about the potential baby I thought of the album title by Pink Martini called "Hang On Little Tomato". I don't know why, but it has stuck in my head and that is what I call it. At this point, little tomato is the size of small lima bean and not a tomato, small or otherwise, but the name sticks.
Ever since the doctor confirmed my pregnancy I have what I will lovingly call
Pregnancy Paranoia. I think nearly every minute, every other minute on a good day, that I will miscarry. I have no basis for fearing this aside from cramping and light spotting that may or may not have been at the same time. I wonder this because my morning sickness has stopped after only one week. I also fear this because somehow I feel like I don't deserve a baby. I told you, paranoia.
I have my first prenatal appointment with an ob-gyn in two days and I don't know what news I'll hear. I may be far enough along for an ultrasound to determine if the little tomato is in the right place and not stuck in one tube trying to grow. I have tried to play out the worst scenario so that I can react in a fairly rational manner. I keep telling myself that if something is wrong (i.e. little tomato is an ectopic) that I will deal with the situation maturely. I imagine myself crying a little bit, but reassuring myself that I am fortunate to have the little tomato for the short time I did.
The little tomato has received 2 gifts already from Amy and Jenny. And Stacie has already offered up clothes (if tomato is a girl), a car seat, books and maternity clothes. I'm sure tomatos grandma's are each running around knitting, crocheting, weaving, or buying him/her items. The attention to my "delicate situation" has been overwhelming - and I'm only 6 weeks along!

1 Comments:
First of all, LT will be fine.
Secondly, I will spoil the hell out of LT.
Post a Comment
<< Home