Saturday, August 27, 2005

I am on bedrest now. There were some slight complications on Thursday resulting in a prescription for minimal physical activity. Things I cannot do: any physical activity except for an occasional brief walk. We've upped the number of movies we can have from Netflix and I've loaded up my library request list. A few people have called to see if I need visitors (always nice!), but for the next ten days I get to live like a sloth. A sloth with a little embryo growing, but still a sloth. I can't sit still on a good day and I expect this to be rather difficult.
One good thing that came from this - we were able to see the baby's heart beating! It was such an amazing experience to see that. I realize I'm pregnant and that there is a tiny lima-bean sized growth in me, but to actually see a heart beating and to realize this is a creature (soon to be a baby) is completely unreal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home