As I mentioned, Sydney turned four months old on Monday. She is growing at a nice pace* (with a small head still, but nothing to worry about). She received four more shots, two in each leg, and I cried again when the mean nurse stabbed her with the needle. I cried even though I sat in the lobby and could barely hear her. Mark was with her this time and of course, because it was his turn to experience it, she cried for about ten seconds and then stopped when he picked her up. She didn't even want The Boob afterward as she did the time before.
Mark has worked late the past two nights and will work late for the remainder of this week. She and I are beginning to relish the time we have together even when it tires us both out. She is so active now -- sitting up, reaching for toys, curious about her world and I love to sit and watch her. With our extra hours in the evening we sing songs and play. I tell her how much I love her.
I really cannot believe four months has snuck up on me.
I remember distinctly hearing her cries when they pulled her out. I remember thinking that I had to memorize every single part of that moment so that I could share it with her when she has her babies; the brightness of lights, the medicinal hospital smell, the doctors & nurses each taking a turn to congratulate us on Sydney's birth, looking around for Mark while I asked if everything was as it should be (specifically I asked if she was a girl about a dozen times followed by asking if she looked healthy). I remember alternately shaking from the surgery and medications and from the surge of excitement at her birth.
And now four months is here and every day, no exaggeration, I hold her close and thank her for choosing me as her mom. I wouldn't trade places with anyone in the world.
* 24 1/2 inches in height, 14 pounds. The pediatrician commented that while her face looks pretty good her skin is still something to worry about.
Mark has worked late the past two nights and will work late for the remainder of this week. She and I are beginning to relish the time we have together even when it tires us both out. She is so active now -- sitting up, reaching for toys, curious about her world and I love to sit and watch her. With our extra hours in the evening we sing songs and play. I tell her how much I love her.
I really cannot believe four months has snuck up on me.
I remember distinctly hearing her cries when they pulled her out. I remember thinking that I had to memorize every single part of that moment so that I could share it with her when she has her babies; the brightness of lights, the medicinal hospital smell, the doctors & nurses each taking a turn to congratulate us on Sydney's birth, looking around for Mark while I asked if everything was as it should be (specifically I asked if she was a girl about a dozen times followed by asking if she looked healthy). I remember alternately shaking from the surgery and medications and from the surge of excitement at her birth.
And now four months is here and every day, no exaggeration, I hold her close and thank her for choosing me as her mom. I wouldn't trade places with anyone in the world.
* 24 1/2 inches in height, 14 pounds. The pediatrician commented that while her face looks pretty good her skin is still something to worry about.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home