Pre Baby:
Staying out until midnight
Sleeping in
Listening to music loudly while I shower, cook dinner, or clean
Walking around naked on occasion
Pedicures
Phone calls after 9 p.m.
Ice cream for dinner
Scrapbooking
Out of town guests
Big decisions include: pizza toppings, at which house we attend Christmas dinner
Post Baby:
Going out at all
Sleeping at all
Music consists of lullabyes or Mozart for babies softly played
No walking around naked
Pedicure = "clip toe nails" if I have time
Phone calls after 8 p.m.
Ice cream after dinner sometimes when we can afford it
Scrapbooking? What is that?!
Out of town guests consist of the grandparents
Big decisions include: should we circumcise?, montessori school?, which set of close friends = godparents?
Can you tell I'm becoming more nervous of the changes in my life? While I am excited for these chanes I am also only beginning to realize how much in our lives will change. It's not that I was particularly ignorant before this, but I also never took the time to think about how our lifestyle will be altered because I didn't think we had much to alter. This morning I woke up early (for me) and decided I wanted to make a homemade soup. I'm still in my p.j.'s, unshowered and checking email while I cook. While I was preparing soup it hit me: I won't be able to do this in seven months. As with many thoughts things began to snowball and I realized all of things that may change. Our friends will behave differently, our lifestyle will slow down, our paradigm will shift. Preparations for these changes are not likely to happen overnight, or maybe even at all, and can I handle that? Can I handle being a parent and a mom?
Staying out until midnight
Sleeping in
Listening to music loudly while I shower, cook dinner, or clean
Walking around naked on occasion
Pedicures
Phone calls after 9 p.m.
Ice cream for dinner
Scrapbooking
Out of town guests
Big decisions include: pizza toppings, at which house we attend Christmas dinner
Post Baby:
Going out at all
Sleeping at all
Music consists of lullabyes or Mozart for babies softly played
No walking around naked
Pedicure = "clip toe nails" if I have time
Phone calls after 8 p.m.
Ice cream after dinner sometimes when we can afford it
Scrapbooking? What is that?!
Out of town guests consist of the grandparents
Big decisions include: should we circumcise?, montessori school?, which set of close friends = godparents?
Can you tell I'm becoming more nervous of the changes in my life? While I am excited for these chanes I am also only beginning to realize how much in our lives will change. It's not that I was particularly ignorant before this, but I also never took the time to think about how our lifestyle will be altered because I didn't think we had much to alter. This morning I woke up early (for me) and decided I wanted to make a homemade soup. I'm still in my p.j.'s, unshowered and checking email while I cook. While I was preparing soup it hit me: I won't be able to do this in seven months. As with many thoughts things began to snowball and I realized all of things that may change. Our friends will behave differently, our lifestyle will slow down, our paradigm will shift. Preparations for these changes are not likely to happen overnight, or maybe even at all, and can I handle that? Can I handle being a parent and a mom?

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home