Remember the photo of my gut I posted a few days back? Yeah, well that was fat. Not baby. I went to the doctor yesterday and I have lost 3 pounds. That isn't a very big deal, but most women usually gain weight during pregnancy. My dr. understood that because I was sick for the first 12 weeks and couldn't put any food substance in my mouth without wanting to vomit it up immediately, I wasn't likely to gain weight. I was suprised I lost weight though in light of all of the ice cream and potatoes I consumed. He suggested I try a 2,100 calorie diet. Can I just say that I have never eaten that many calories in one day in my lifetime? It's becoming quite the quest for me. I belong to this online preggo lady food resource that calculates all of my calories for me, suggests foods I am lacking, and offers recipes. That makes my challenge easier so that I can make sure I'm eating a fairly well-balanced diet, but forcing myself to eat that much food is sort of overwhelming. I was brought up to eat only when I'm hungry so stuffing it in is not an easy task for me.
Also, this morning I switched over to my left side as all of the books (you know, those helpful ones like "How you already screwed your baby up"?) tell me to. I wasn't asleep so I layed there quietly and suddenly felt a bunch of tickling in my tummy. I doubt it was the baby - I'm not supposed to feel it yet, am I? But it was a sensation unlike any other...
Mark finally heard the heart beat for the first time! He'll be embarrassed if I tell you he was teary!
Also, this morning I switched over to my left side as all of the books (you know, those helpful ones like "How you already screwed your baby up"?) tell me to. I wasn't asleep so I layed there quietly and suddenly felt a bunch of tickling in my tummy. I doubt it was the baby - I'm not supposed to feel it yet, am I? But it was a sensation unlike any other...
Mark finally heard the heart beat for the first time! He'll be embarrassed if I tell you he was teary!

2 Comments:
You'll feel the baby way earlier than you think. At first it feels like gas, or tickles (the fact you even picked up on it is impressive) but it's so much cooler when you feel the foot wallup you from inside - or even better watch your whole stomach move as the baby turns over! Everyone is different, so try not to get too wrapped up in the books - they freaked me out!
I'm glad I stumbled across your blog - it's bringing back a lot of memories and I'm so happy for you guys!
I felt those little tickles later that day and a few times today too.I don't want to get too excited so I will assume the tickles are related to the awesome gas I have. However, if it is gas, it's the most wonderful-feeling gas I've ever encountered!
Post a Comment
<< Home